Contact: Lynda Sargent,
Pastor and Outreach Director
Phone (309) 428-4752
1740 9th Ave
Rock Island, IL 61265
Repairing a Leaking Roof, One Trivia Question at a Time
Heart of Hope Ministries Needs New Roof to Continue Outreach Service
February 28, 2015, Rock Island, IL
Heart of Hope Outreach Ministry is holding its second Trivia Night Fundraiser event on Saturday, March 28, 2015 at the Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center. Doors will open at 5:00 pm and trivia begins promptly at 5:30 pm. No outside food or drink, please. Food available for sale will include a menu of delicious pulled pork or chicken sandwiches, side dishes, bake sale goodies of cupcakes, brownies, and more. Non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase. Cost is $10 per person or $80 for a team of eight. $12 at the door. Call (309) 428-4752 to purchase tickets or donate funds, a door prize, or silent auction item.
Fundraising efforts this year will be focused on replacing a badly leaking roof. Since opening nine months ago, the Ministry has provided thousands of food and clothing items to over 800 families. A new roof will allow Heart of Hope to continue their community services within their facility uninterrupted. Last year’s Trivia Night Fundraiser was great night of fun, food, and fellowship, and they believe this year’s event will be even better!
About Heart of Hope: Heart of Hope is a 501© 3 non-profit organization dedicated to serving the community of the West End of Rock Island. On May 1, 2014 they opened a food pantry and clothing ministry to serve the community during evening hours. Since opening they have experienced a steady increase of residents using this service. In the first month alone, they distributed over 500 food items to families and numerous clothing and household items. They also offer a small computer lab and resource library to residents in need of computer services or who would like to borrow Christian books, CDs, tapes, and training materials. In May they also launched the Heart of Hope Ministries Church, which meets at the Christian Friendliness Youth Hope Center at 2707 11th Street, Rock Island. Services began at 10:30 pm on Sundays and all are welcome!
Heart of Hope also provides these additional services:
- Serves meals and develops relationships with residents at the Christian Care Rescue Mission
- Provides meals every Thursday evening to approximately 30 at-risk, low-income teens at Christian Friendliness Youth Hope’s Rock Island Center
- Provides Bible studies at the Rock Island County Jail
- Holds an annual Community Picnic
- Last year they raised $5,000 for Denkmann Park, located in the very west-end neighborhoods of Rock Island. Through this funding, the Rock Island Park Board was able to install two new park grills, six new picnic tables, a new sign and floral garden, replace broken basketball nets, and several park benches are in the works. Families are absolutely enjoying these new amenities to the park!