Heart of Hope also provides these additional services:
- Serves meals and develops relationships with residents at the Christian Care Rescue Mission
- Provides meals every Thursday evening to approximately 30 at-risk, low-income teens at Christian Friendliness Youth Hope’s Rock Island Center
- Provides Bible studies at the Rock Island County Jail
- Holds an annual Community Picnic
- Last year we raised $5,000 for Denkmann Park, located in the very west-end neighborhoods of Rock Island. Through this funding, the Rock Island Park Board was able to install two new park grills, six new picnic tables, a new sign and floral garden, replace broken basketball nets, and several park benches are in the works. Families are absolutely enjoying these new amenities to the park!
Heart of Hope was part of the Summit of Hope event on October 1, 2014. This event is sponsored by the Quad City Advocates for Offender Success. Heart of Hope had a Prayer and Ministry Resource Table set up at the event. Men and women who have recently returned from prison or the local jail system attend this event. There were over 50 local community service agencies come together to offer free services and information tables at the Summit. A great surprise came when we were recognized with an award for our efforts to reduce recidivism in our community! What an honor as the award is signed by Governor Pat Quinn! Praise God for His divine favor!!!